We are seeking volunteers for Trans Pride 2019!
Please note that for the 2019 event pre-registration is REQUIRED for all volunteer roles. Think of it as a convention; you must have a badge to volunteer and have registered before the event. Otherwise, you are welcome to attend, but we may not have room to accommodate more volunteers.
Please direct all volunteering questions to: email@example.com
Date: Friday June 28th, 2019
Volunteer Arrival Time: Varies by department
Location: Cal Anderson Park
Trans Pride Seattle’s March and Celebration is one of the largest Trans Pride gatherings in the United States. A community event like this couldn’t take place without volunteers who help in the planning and production of the March and Celebration at Cal Anderson Park.
Trans Pride Seattle values the diversity of our communities, and we are intentional about the accessibility of the event. Volunteers contribute greatly to our ability to keep the event economically accessible to all, to make the space physically accessible, and to make our programming accessible through interpreters. Volunteers make a huge impact on Trans Pride’s capacity to give back to the community by helping us to maintain a safe, exciting, and economically viable event!
Trans Pride Specific Volunteer Perks
In addition to volunteering with GJL year-round and having the chance to meet other community-minded individuals, volunteers for Trans Pride get extra perks, which include:
- An invitation to the Volunteer Party JULY 10
- Custom 2019 Trans Pride Name Badge. Photo IDs new this year!
- A free mini-pride pack that includes a Volunteer exclusive t-shirt, stickers, and pronoun buttons as our thank you!
- Free snacks and water during the event
Can’t Volunteer on the Day of Trans Pride But Still Want to Help Out?
GJL needs volunteers on the day before (Thursday June, 27) or the day after (Saturday, June 30):
- Help make/print signs and badges!
- Help pick up gear we will need!
- Help load and unload trucks from storage!
- Free snacks and water available both days!
- Fill out the form below to get on our Thursday or Saturday Team!
There Are More Available Roles Than EVER for Trans Pride 2019!
The Operations Team helps us with operations on the day of the event.
- This can include helping the event management staff,
ensuring that vendors are able to set up, and to ensure a smooth flow of our event.
- Folks on the Operations Team are often required to do many tasks, often simultaneously.
- You will work directly with our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Abshire.
The Facilities Teams include: Set Up, Tabling, Grounds, and Breakdown.
- Set Up and Tabling will take earlier shifts to help set up our event and get all of our Sponsors and Tabling organizations prepared for the event by 5:00pm. These teams report to our Tabling Lead, Chip Phillips.
- Grounds Team helps ensure our grounds stay neat and tidy and that trash and recycling get exchanged. This is a great way to watch the stage show!
- Breakdown team starts the clean up and breakdown process promptly at 8:30pm. This ensures that all of our volunteers and staff can make it home (or to the after party) by 11:00pm.
- Grounds Team and Breakdown Team report to our Breakdown Team Lead, Tristan Cook.
Our community Security Team is vital to ensure that all participants at Trans Pride Seattle can experience a safe and joyous Trans Pride. These volunteers report to our Security Coordinator, Brooke Wylie.
Our community First Aid Team is vital to ensure that all participants at Trans Pride Seattle can experience a safe and joyous Trans Pride. These volunteers report to our First Aid Team Lead.
- To be considered for the First Aid Team, the volunteer must have one or more of the following:
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Be a Licensed Registered Nurse, EMT, or Medical Assistant
- Be a Field Medic
- These volunteers work with our First Aid Coordinator.
The Hospitality Teams include: VIP Services and Catering. CATERING TEAM IS FULL! VIP SERVICES STILL NEEDS VOLUNTEERS!
- VIP Services ensures our VIP Guests and Entertainers are well taken care of and that the VIP area remains pleasant and welcoming.
- The Catering Team helps our chef with preparing food for VIP, Entertainers, and Volunteers. The Catering Team also delivers food to VIP and Volunteer areas.
- Both Teams report to our VIP Team Lead.
Our Accessibility Team helps ensure that all aspects of Trans Pride are accessible to all.
- This includes helping in the march, priority seating, scent free, and Spoons Tent areas.
- This team also acts as a liaison between Accessibility and First Aid as needed
- The Accessibility Team reports to the Accessibility Team Lead.
Our Welcome and Canvassing Teams work in tandem to give and collect information from Trans Pride Attendees.
- The Welcome Team welcomes folks to the park, can give directions to booths, offer an entertainment schedule, and take donations.
- The Canvassing Team collects donations and Attendee information that is vital to our continued outreach and community communication during the year.
- The Welcome Team reports to Kym Hines.
Our Merchandise and Fulfillment Teams handle all of the items we sell or people have earned through donations prior to Pride.
- The Merchandise Team sells the shirts, flags, totes, and other Trans Pride related items that we are offering this year.
- Familiarity with sales and sales registers is a definite plus!
- The Fulfillment Team will be giving out goody bags to folks who have already donated to one of our many campaigns prior to Trans Pride. These goody bags many hold anything from exclusive t-shirts and buttons to SWAG from some of our sponsors and tabling partners.
- Familiarity with sales is definitely a plus!
- The Merchandise Team will report to the Merchandise Team Lead, David Corrado.
- The Fulfillment Team will report to the Fulfillment Team Lead, Julia Ricciardi.
The March Route Team helps us with assembling, leading, and keeping the march together and safe.
- This can include helping the safety staff,
ensuring that march vendors are able to set up, and to ensure a smooth flow of the march.
- Folks on the March Team are often required to do many tasks, often simultaneously.
- You will work directly with our March Team Leader, Daniel Goodman.